Our practical approach focuses on one-to-one tuition in your own boat, teaching hands-on skills and techniques.
Melvyn Cooper Sailing is totally focussed on giving you more confidence on the water by improving your dinghy and dayboat sailing. Melvyn is a fully qualified RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor with Advanced Dinghy Instructor Endorsement. Melvyn is also an RYA Racing Coach and RS Manufacturer Approved Coaching Specialist. He has been sailing and racing single and two handed dinghies for some 40 years at club, national and international levels. He has been a member of Hayling Island Sailing Club, Chichester Harbour since 1996.
Melvyn also has:
- RYA Dinghy Instructor with Advanced Endorsement
- RYA Senior Instructor
- RYA Racing coach level II
- RYA Regional club coach
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RS Sailing Manufacturer Approved Coaching Specialist
- RYA Fully comprehensive coaching insurance
- Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS)
Melvyn Cooper Sailing’s flexible tuition is designed for dinghy and dayboat sailors wishing to consolidate and build on their existing skills and broaden their knowledge.
Our teaching philosophy focuses on a series of individual lessons, timetabled to accommodate the sailor’s own availability. The lessons are designed to be undertaken at the sailor’s own pace and fall into four areas of experience:
Learn to sail
- Anyone wishing to learn to sail and build confidence • For sailors who wish to learn the foundation skills
Improvers training for
- Sailors who have completed RYA Level I and II • Sailors who wish to build on basic skills
Intermediate training for
- Sailors who wish to consolidate and improve existing skills • Sailors who wish to learn new techniques and helpful tips
Advanced training for
- Sailors who wish to sharpen up skills and sail efficiently • Sailors who wish to learn new skills and techniques for racing
Melvyn Cooper Sailing caters for a wide range of clients from individuals, couples, sailing partners, children from 8 years old or families looking for a comprehensive service to get on the water with their boat. He is based predominantly in Chichester Harbour but can travel elsewhere, particularly in the south of England, as required.
For sailing with confidence, e-mail Melvyn Cooper Sailing today.